Friday, May 31, 2013

The Last Good Deed I Did.......

The last good deed I did was probably when I helped my sister return the dog she saw running up the street.  It was a little grey schnauzer named Chloe.  She was running up the street, and my sister, Sparkle, ran after it.  My mom came into the house to grab shoes and I went back outside with her.   We chased the dog about four houses up the street before we cornered it in someones driveway.  After checking the name and address on her collar, I ran back to my house to grab a leash.  Chloe was friendly, and let my mom pick her up, so I met her about half way with the leash.  Then we walked down the street to return the dog to her owner.  On the way home, one of Chloe's owners caught up with us and gave my sister nine dollars which she split with me, but that good deed was mostly Sparkle's doing.

Another good deed I did was with my NJHS group.  As one of our service projects, we went and spent a few hours cleaning up the park with a creek.  We split into groups and for about three hours we picked up trash from down in the creek.  There were some very interesting trash found that day including bottles, McDonald's bags, and tennis balls.  On the way back to our rendevous point, I realized that both of my legs were bleeding.... I figured that I either got cut by the weeds or something sharp sticking through our trash bag.  When we got back, we had a mini picnic, and I cleaned the blood off my legs.  I had a blast that day, I was with friends, and doing something for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment